Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Bivalve Throwdown @ Stella Sola
Sunday, November 8, 2009 from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CST)
There will be a limited number of tickets available at the door for $40. Cash only please.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED FROM REEF TO STELLA SOLA!
Stella Sola is the new Texas Tuscan restaurant in the Heights (in the former Bedford location) owned by Bryan Caswell and Bill Floyd of REEF. Join Executive Chef Jason Gould and the Houston Chowhounds for a preview of the restaurant before it officially opens!
Be there as the Houston Chowhound chef throwdowns continue. Will Cody Vasek win it big again? Or will the third throwdown unveil a new champ?
The theme of the evening will be OYSTERS! Houchies, get ready to get your fill of raw and cooked oysters along with many other culinary delights.
4 pm Doors open
4:45 pm Oyster shucking contest
5 pm Gumbo judging by the Oyster Throwdown chefs
6-8 pm Oyster judging by a select panel of judges
9 pm Winner announcement
- Jim Gossen, Louisiana Foods
- Elie Massoud, Euromid
- PJ Stoops, Fishmonger extraordinaire, Louisiana Foods
- Greg Morago, Houston Chronicle Food Editor
- Dai Huynh, Food Writer
- Philippe Schmit, Chef
- Tatiana Schnur, Wild Card
The chef line-up:
- Bryan Caswell, Chef/Owner of REEF
- Jean-Philippe Gaston, Chef de Cuisine of Kata Robata
- Jonathan Jones, Chef/Owner of Beaver's
- Michael Kramer, Executive Chef of VOICE
- Michael O'Connor, Sous Chef of Houston Country Club
- Paul Petronella, Chef/Owner of Paulie's
- Mike Potowski, Chef de Cuisine of Benjy's on Washington
- Randy Rucker, Tenacity Supper Club
- Chris Shepherd, Chef/Owner of Catalan
- John Sikhattana, Executive Chef of Straits
- Jose Vela, Chef de Cuisine of Mockingbird Bistro
The format of this throwdown will be different. Participating chefs will be judged on 2 dishes: a raw and cooked oyster application. For even more kicks, an oyster shucking contest will be taking place.
Houston Chowhounds amateur chefs will also be putting their best food forward in a battle gumbo throwdown. To register, sign up on the Houston Chowhound Yahoo Group.
For official event details and guidelines, visit the Houston Chowhounds website.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org